How To Select And Care For Your Wig Properly
A wig is a fashion accessory that many women buy in order to enhance their appearance. It allows you to wear a hairstyle which your normal hair might not support. When you wear a great wig which has been chosen carefully, it can really make you look different and better. So it is important that you select the best wig for yourself and care for it properly so that it lasts for a long time.
Tips for selecting a wig
- Shop around before you buy: do proper research before you buy. We would recommend you to visit some reputed fashion stores to see the range of options that are available. Generally, you will have to decide upon the length, the hairstyle, the material used and the cap size of the wig. Try out for a couple of weeks to see how you would look at the ones that you have shortlisted.
- Decide on the material: wigs are generally made of human hair or synthetic hair. While human hair definitely will give you a more natural appearance, synthetic hair might last longer. Take the help of the store salesman or speak to a fashion expert to understand which one would suit you the best.
- Budget: wigs come in a wide range of prices, depending upon the style and the material used. While it is important that you buy the wig in which you look the best, be careful about not shooting out of your budget.
- Get it styled properly: once you have the wig, get a hair stylist to properly set it for you. The stylist will make you wear the wig and will give it the necessary twists and curls that will make you look even better in it.
Caring for your wig:
To ensure that the wig remains in top shape for a long time, you will have to take proper care of it regularly.
- Shampoo the wig: after you have used the wig for about six times, you should shampoo it. Take some wig shampoo in a large bowl, mix it in cold water and keep the wig immersed in it for one or two minutes. Remove any dirt or body oil that might have accommodated on the wig with your fingers.
- Apply conditioner: once the wig has been shampooed properly, take some conditioner in your hand and apply it to the wig hair only. Be careful to avoid the cap while you’re doing it. Spray water from a distance into the wig to remove the conditioner, and rinse it with a towel.
- Dry it properly: the final step is to allow the wig to air dry on a wig stand. Remember that you should never use a hair dryer to dry the wig.
Following these tips will ensure that your wig remains in great shape for a long time. For more information get in touch with us: www.pinklacewigs.com