Ordering A Custom Wig: How To Correctly Measure You Head
Getting your wig customized will give you the ability to choose any texture, style, colour, cap size, length, and other features that you may desire. While choosing the specifics, you will have to be very careful about the measurements. An unfitting wig may not set well on your head. It may not look natural. Measuring your head accurately is therefore, a major task that you need to do while ordering your customized wig.
Here are some helpful tips that our wig experts would like to suggest for measuring your head.
A few things that you need to know before you start measuring:
- Pin your hairs as tightly as possible. This will help you take accurate measurements.
- While measuring, place the measuring tape a little outside your hairline. This will help you cover your natural hairline completely so that the wig looks natural.
- If possible, take measurements in inches and not in centimetres.
- Ask someone else to take measurements. Try not to do it yourself, as you may not be able to measure it correctly.
- Write down measurements immediately instead of trusting your memory.
Here is how you can take the measurements:
- Place the measuring tape slightly outside your natural hairline and measure all round your head. This measurement is your head circumference.
- Now you have to measure the distance between your forehead and the nape of your neck. For this, place the measuring tape on the center of your forehead and measure straight back over your crown. Bend your neck while taking measurement.
- Next, measure the distance between your ears through your forehead. Place the measuring tape on the base of sideburn and measure up across your hairline and then down to the opposite sideburn.
- Now, measure distance between your ears over the top of your head. Place the measuring tape at the top of your ear and measure across the head till the opposite ear.
- Next, measure the distances between the temples. Place the measuring tape on one of your temple slightly outside your hairline and then run in through the back of your head and then till your opposite temple.
- The last measurement that you need to do is to measure the nape of your neck. This is basically the width of your hairline across the nape.
Some helpful tips:
- Your measurements may not completely match with the standard wig sizes. If your head circumference falls between two sizes, order a larger sized wig instead of smaller one so that it covers your hairline completely.
- Never place the order for your wig until you have complete and accurate measurements. We suggest you to measure the details at least twice.
- If you are not confident about the size, talk to our wig experts at 1-888-544.
We hope this blog educates you on how to measure correctly for your custom-made wig. For more details,Check this link How To Measure For Lace Wig