Common wig care mistakes that you should avoid
From over-the-counter serums to professional treatments; wig lovers these days leave no stone unaltered to ensure that their ‘hairs replacement’ lasts longer and looks as good as their natural hairs. However, even after spending a fortune, we are very often dissatisfied with the longevity of our wigs. We all want them to stay healthy, shiny, and strong but unfortunately, most of us do not know how to treat them or care for them.
If you own a ‘priceless’ lace wig, here are a few things that you should avoid doing so that your wig meets your expectation.
- Choose the wig care products carefully. The over-the-counter serums and shampoos may not be suitable for it. The products available at supermarkets may damage the strands. Stay away from them as much as possible. Always buy high quality, genuine products available at specialized wig stores such as the ones available at Pink Lace Wigs.
- Do not over-expose your wig to chlorinated water. Excessive chlorine can damage the strands permanently.
- Avoid exposing your lace wig to the sun. UV rays are as harmful for your wig as they are for your natural hairs and skin.
- Wig trimming is certainly not a DIY thing. You may not be able to do a good job and may end up damaging it badly. In case your wig needs trimming, seek professional help. Trust the experts instead of choosing a low-cost service.
- Avoid dyeing your wig frequently. In case you want to dye it, seek professional help. Do not try to do it yourself. Dyeing wigs requires as much perfection as dying natural hairs and only professionals will be able to do it appropriately.
- Styling your hairs is a great way to spruce up your look, but avoid over-styling. Those hair straightening rods and blow dryers are as bad for your wig as they are for your natural hairs. Frequent use can decrease the longevity of your hair replacement.
- Do not put too much tension while brushing your hairs. Excessive pulling can weaken the strands. Brush carefully, starting from the bottom and working upwards. If your wig has got tangled, read our previous blog post on ‘The right approach to detangle your wig’.
- Store your wig carefully. Do not throw it in your drawer. Use a proper wig head to hold it.
We hope this blog educates you on the most common wig care mistakes that we do. For more such interesting information, keep reading our blog. Like us on Facebook and get a chance to win one synthetic lace front wig every week! www.pinklacewigs.com