Here is what you need to know to make your wig last longer
Wigs are wonderful accessories. Sometimes you need them to add volume to your thin hairs, sometimes for protecting your natural hairs, sometimes for adding length, and many a times for getting a specific look. A good quality, natural looking wig requires a significant investment. More than that, it requires as much care as your natural hairs do. From brushing carefully to washing regularly; you have to take care of your wig as if it is real. We at Pink Lace Wigs have found that very often people ignore them, only to regret later. If you are one of them, here are a few dos and don’ts that you should follow in order to prolong their life.
A few things that you must do:
- Invest in a good quality wig brush. Your wide-tooth comb cannot detangle your wig as gently as a wig brush can. Unlike hair brushes that have rubber tips, wig brushes have specially looped tips that are helpful in detangling the strands without putting much pressure on them.
- Store your wig properly. Good storage will ensure that it retains its shape and style for a longer duration. If you have invested in an expensive Full Lace wig, buy a wig head to hold it when you are not using it. Foam heads are quite inexpensive but in case you do not have too much storage space, you can use newspaper balls to hold them.
- Wash your wig regularly, at least after every 10 uses. If you don’t wash them, they will start looking dull and may start smelling foul. Fill your sink with water and pour an ounce of good quality shampoo, (preferably wig shampoo) in it. Dip the wig and leave for 5 minutes. Run your fingers through it so that it gets cleaned thoroughly. Rinse well and place it on the wig head. Let it dry naturally.
A few things that you must not do:
- Do not use hot water to clean your wig.
- Even if you are having a heat resistant wig, do not blow dry it. Let it dry naturally.
- When it is wet, do not rub it or shake it, as this may cause tangling.
- Never try to trim it yourself. Seek professional help.
- Do not fold the wig or else it may lose its shape and style easily.
- Do not use it while cooking. Protect it from heat and dust as much as possible.
- Limit the amount of styling. Even if you have a heat resistant wig, excessive styling can decrease its life. Treat them like normal hairs. When styling, use the lowest temperature setting.
We hope this information helps you take care of your wig properly. For more details, get in touch with us at 1-888-544 Or log on to www.pinklacewigs.com